Anyone interested in building a computer needs to deal with a series of information, and among them we have some relating to the video card. As it is an important component, it is interesting to pay attention to various terminologies, especially indications in Nvidia models.
You, for example, Have you ever seen that some models have the information Ti or Super in the name? Do you have any idea what these variations mean? If the answer is no, no problem: just continue reading what we tell you in the following lines.
In a statement sent to Voxel, a Nvidia Brasil explained in detail the meaning of each of the acronyms. Know more!
What does a Ti graphics card mean?
According to Alexandre Ziebert, Technical Marketing Manager at NVIDIA in Latin America, the Ti suffix’s main objective is to differentiate video cards from the same family. This way, the public can identify which of the GPUs in the same line is more powerful.
“We normally use the suffix Ti (from the chemical element Titanium) to differentiate more powerful versions of cards from the same family”, explains the Nvidia specialist. “So we have, for example, the GeForce RTX 4070 and the RTX 4070 Ti, both belong to the 70 family, so they are aimed at 1440p resolution, but there is an indication that one is more powerful than the other.”
The first card to have this acronym in its name was the GeForce 2 Tiwhich hit stores in October 2001. While the use of the “Titanium” acronym is merely aesthetic, the presence of the term means that the product is more powerful than the common variant.
This way, if you find an Nvidia card with these two letters, it means that is facing a more powerful variant of that model. This translates into a revised item in several aspects, especially in memory bus, VRAM, processing (in GHz) and CUDA cores in relation to “base” GPUs.
What are the best Ti model boards?
If this question has crossed your mind, check out some of Nvidia’s “Ti” graphics cards that stood out on the market below:
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060Ti
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660Ti
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Ti
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Ti
What are the main characteristics of a Super card?
While the terminology Ti serves to identify improved models from the same family, the meaning of the word Super is deeper. The GPUs that have the term in their name are part of a larger update.
“SUPER came to indicate an update, launched some time after the introduction of the series”, explains Alexandre Ziebert. The term Super can even be used in conjunction with Ti, as recently occurred with the RTX 4070 Ti Super: the new model came to bring an update to the RTX 4070 Ti, which will end sales soon.
“The two can be used together, as in the case of the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER, which is an update to the RTX 4070 Ti, so much so that it replaces the previous model, retiring it and maintaining the same price”, explains Ziebert. “And there are also cases where the new model coexists with the previous one, such as the GeForce RTX 4070, which continues in line with the RTX 4070 SUPER.”
Among the main features that usually evolve in Super line cards, we can highlight:
- Performance: Super cards generally offer a significant increase in performance compared to “normal” models. This translates into higher frame rates in games and more performance in video editing applications;
- Nucleos CUDA: Super cards often feature an increase in the number of CUDA cores compared to standard models. That way, can guarantee more parallel processing for specific tasks, such as graphic rendering;
- High Clocks: in these models, it is possible to notice an increase in GPU and memory clocks to improve processing and data transfer speed;
- GDDR6 Memory: Many Super models use GDDR6 memory, which offers higher bandwidth compared to GDDR5. This results in better performance at high resolutions and more detailed textures.
What are the best Super model cards?
RTX 4080 Super is one of Nvidia’s latest GPUs.
If your interest is in Super model cards, we will leave below some options that you can consider when building your PC:
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 The SUPER
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER
And for you, which is the best option between the two types of board? Share your opinion with other readers of the Voxel using our social networks.