Steam announced today (09) the Steam Deck OLED, enhanced version of its portable console. The product will be launched soon with improvements compared to the original model, which will have its price reduced.
The new edition of the Steam Deck features a 7.4” OLED screen with 1280 x 800 pixels HDR, but this is not the only change. The updated model also has options of 512 GB and 1 TB of SSD storage in the M.2 standard.
Under the hood, the portable console also has improvements. The new Steam Deck has an improved processing unit (APU) and more battery.
More battery, less weight
While the original model featured a 7 nanometer chip, the new edition features a 6 nanometer APU and faster memories of 6,400 MT/s. As for battery life, Steam Deck OLED delivers 30 to 50% more gaming timewith autonomy varying from 3 to 12 hours depending on use.
The new Steam Deck features an improved screen.
O Steam Deck OLED also promises to be 5% lighter than the original model, weighing 30 grams less. The company also guarantees that the device heats up less than the previously released edition.
Even with the change in weight, Valve says that the new Steam Deck will work with all existing accessories for the original model. “There is no difference in accessory compatibility between the Steam Deck and the Steam Deck OLED,” explains the company.
Release date of
O Steam Deck OLED will officially launch on November 16th. In addition to the two new models, a transparent edition will also be sold, on a limited basis, in the United States and Canada.
Just like the Steam Deck launch, sales of the new models will be carried out through Steam, but only in some countries. In addition, each store account will be entitled to purchase one unit of the product.
Valve also guarantees that, unlike the original launch, there will be no stock issues. The company told the The Verge which is mass producing the product and already has stocks ready for launch day.
O Steam Deck OLED will be launched at a price of US$549.99 in the version with 512 GB SSD storage. The limited edition with 1 TB will be available for US$649.99.
The original version of the console, with an LCD screen, will have its price reduced. Internationally, the original Steam Deck will sell for US$399.
The Steam Deck OLED is lighter and has longer battery life
As the product is not officially launched in Brazil, we will have to wait for resellers to bring the product to the country to find out the prices practiced here. At the moment, The prices for the original Steam Deck range from R$3200 to R$4700 in e-commerce stores such as Amazon in the country.
Full Steam Deck OLED Specs
Below, check out the full specifications of the Steam Deck OLED, available on Valve’s official website:
- Processing: APU da AMD de 6 nm
- Main processor (CPU): Zen 2 architecture, 4 cores and 8 threads, frequency 2.4 to 3.5 GHz (up to 448 GFlops FP32)
- Graphics processor (GPU): 8 RDNA 2 architecture computing units, 1.6 GHz frequency (1.6 TFlops FP32)
- APU: 4 to 15 W
- RAM: 16GB of integrated LPDDR5 RAM (4-channel 32-bit, 6,400 MT/s)
- Storage: 512GB or 1TB NVMe SSD. Both models include a microSD card slot
- Bodies: 7.4-inch OLED with HDR maximum brightness 1,000 cd/m²
- Resolution: 1280 x 800 x RGB
- Contrast: Superior a 1.000.000:1
- range of colors: 110% of DCI-P3 space
- Refresh Rate: up to 90 Hz
- Response time: Inferior a 0,1 ms
- Touch sensitive: High-performance touch
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.3 (compatible with controllers, accessories and audio), tri-band Wi-Fi 6E (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 6 GHz), MIMO 2 x 2, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ ax
- Audio: 3.5mm jack for headphones and stereo headsets
- Digital: Multichannel audio via DisplayPort over USB-C, standard USB-C, or Bluetooth 5.3
- Food: 45 W power supply with USB-C output and compatible with USB PD 3.0 standard
- Battery: 50 Wh battery (between 3 and 12 hours of play)
So, what’s your opinion on the new version of the Steam Deck? Comment on Voxel’s Instagram and YouTube!