The season of VALUING in 2024 is about to begin, bringing with it new changes, new teams and new formats! Riot Games has released all the details about the main championships of the year.
The four leagues of VCT 2024
With the promotion of VCT Ascension 2023 teams, each International League will feature 11 teams that will compete for the title of World Champion. VCT also expanded with the debut of VCT China as VALORANT’s fourth league.
- 2 VCT phases in each region
- 2 international tournaments Masters Madrid and Masters Shanghai that qualify for Champions 2024
KICKOFF, initial tournament
The Opening Tournament, Kick-off, will begin in February and will qualify two teams per league for the Masters Madrid.
International Leagues Start Dates:
- February 16th – VCT Americas
- February 17th – VCT Pacific
- February 20th – VCT EMEA
- February 22nd – VCT CN
- Eleven teams will be divided into 3 groups
- 2 groups will have 4 teams and 1 group will have 3 teams.
- The best team in the region, the highest placing team in the 2023 Champions, will be placed in group 3 with a direct passage to the second round.
- The remaining 10 teams will be sorted into pools based on 2023 performance and drawn into the remaining 10 slots.
- Each group will have double elimination with MD3 matches
- The winning team from each group will advance to the Knockout Stage.
- The second-placed team in each group will proceed to the Repechage Phase, Play-IN.
- The 3 second-placed teams face each other in a round-robin format, with 1 team guaranteeing a place in the Elimination Stage.
- 4 teams will compete in the single-elimination playoffs, with the 2 finalist teams guaranteeing their place in the Masters Madrid.
- The team coming from the Repechage Phase will be placed on the opposite side of the team from their initial group.
- The winner of the Kickoff will have a better seed at Masters Madrid and 3 Championship points towards the Champions 2024 points table.
How will teams have access to Champions 2024?
After the Masters Madrid, Stage 1 will take place from April to the beginning of May, opening space for the three best teams in each league to qualify for the next global event, the Masters Shanghai.
Stage 2 will begin right after Masters Shanghai and will qualify four teams from each region for VALORANT Champions!
The winning team of Stage 2 of the Qualifiers will be crowned Champion of the International League and will be the 1st seed in their region in the Champions League. At the end of this phase, the three teams that finish in the top positions in Stage 2 of the Qualifiers will be classified for the Champions League, while the fourth team will win the place for Championship Points!
In 2024, Championship Points will be our method for measuring performance and recognizing team consistency throughout the Champions League qualifying season.
- Winning the regional Kickoff Tournament, Masters Madrid, Masters Shanghai, Qualifiers Stage 1 and Qualifiers Stage 2 will award the team 3 points.
- Each victory during Stages 1 and 2 is worth 1 point.
- Each team will play ten regular season matches throughout Stage 1 and Stage 2.
- The first and second placed teams in each Qualifier Stage automatically advance to the second round of the competition and will earn an extra point, as these two teams will play one less match.
- See too: Vegod, 3D designer reveals process for producing skins
published in January 17, 2024edited 4 days ago