After a long period with only FSR officially available for Starfield, a Beta update finally brought DLSS for the first time. The feature is available to Steam players.
The update that implements DLSS officially remains in the Beta phase, which can be accessed through Steam. To do this, simply right-click on the game in your Steam library, and in Properties select Betas to access the game’s beta updates.
The update will be available to everyone at the end of this month, including players on Xbox Game Pass and consoles. For now, access is only through the Steam Beta.
Our Steam Beta is now live! Opt in to play the beta version of #Starfield‘s next update, coming later this month. We’ll see you out there! ??
Details: https://t.co/pQDYXcXKy1 pic.twitter.com/q5cJks3rcP
— Starfield (@StarfieldGame) November 8, 2023
You can use DLSS with both super resolution and frame generation technologies. But of course, the frame generation is only compatible with RTX 40 GPUs.
For DLSS with frame generation to work well, you need to disable V-Sync. In future game updates, the option will be automatically disabled.
Update also brings more improvements for PC and Consoles
The main highlight of the update is DLSS, but there are other interesting new features and fixes. Some of them are specific to PC, but many of the improvements will be available at the end of the month for console players as well.
The update arrived first on the Steam version of Starfield.
One of the much-requested changes is that it will be possible to eat food items in the location where they were found. In other words, it is not necessary to store the item in your inventory first and then use it.
The update also promises GPU performance improvements for the PC thanks to optimizations, as well as better CPU usage. These changes should be more noticeable on more powerful hardware.
Key improvements and fixes – Beta 1.8.83
- DLSS support – image upscaling and frame generation
- [Somente para PC] Added some GPU performance optimizations, which will have more impact on high-end cards.
- [Somente para PC] Improved renderer threading model, improving CPU usage, especially on more advanced systems.
- Added the ability to eat food placed in the world
- We’ve adjusted stealth to be a little more forgiving.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from firing their weapons.
- Fixed issues where some NPCs could be seen without clothes
- Added the ability to adjust HDR brightness as long as the system supports it. (Xbox and Windows 11 only).
You can check out the full patch notes here.
Starfield is available for PC and Xbox Series X|S consoles, also available in the Game Pass catalogue.
Starfield game, PC
In this next-generation RPG set among the stars, create any character you desire and explore with freedom as you embark on an epic journey to uncover humanity’s greatest mystery!