Amazon has revealed its 15 best selling toys of all time, with relative newcomer Bananagrams beating the likes of Scrabble and Monopoly.
The game, which made its debut in 2006, pipped the Original Rubik’s Cube to the post, as the retailer revealed the list in celebration of its 15 anniversary today.
Traditional family games have seemingly made the biggest impact over the last 15 years, as The Metro reports that Shopping List made it into third position as a simple memory game for young children.
Victoria Nelson, manager of Amazon Toys, said: "At a time when interactive and electronic toys are becoming more advanced, our best sellers chart shows that traditional family favourites still have a place in Britain’s toy boxes."
Amazon’s 15 best selling toys of all time are:
1. Bananagrams Game – Bananagrams
2. Original Rubik’s Cube
3. Shopping List – Orchard Toys
4. Scrabble – Mattel
5. Monopoly – Hasbro
6. Medical Carrycase
7. Tomy Pop-Up Pirate – Tomy
8. Pass the Pigs – Winning Moves
10. Insect Lore Butterfly Garden
11. The World – Brainbox
12. 20Q Version 2
13. Silverlit PicooZ Remote Control Helicopter – Silverlit
14. Articulate, the fast talking description game – Drumond Park
15. Addictaball Large Maze Puzzle Game